The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VACATION IN TEXAS

4 posters

Go down

VACATION IN TEXAS Empty VACATION IN TEXAS

Post by Danny Sat 8 Aug - 2:53

I will be in Texas for a couple of weeks starting the 12th or 13th. Me and the wife will be driving from here to Lubbock (almost 1700 miles) and then from there to Brownsville(another 700 miles) and then back( the final leg as far as the first 1700 miles).

I will take some pictures but I will hesitate to post them along side the professional photos of some of our members. [grin]. 'Embarassed'

Lubbock is where my daughter is at and Brownsville is where my dad is from. We do not have an itinerary, we will just drive til we are tired and stop for the night or even 2 if wed so choose. We will take side trips if we see a sign that perks our interest. It is how we honeymooned some 38 years ago. We drove over 3000 miles back then to get from Dallas to San Antonio (300 or so miles apart). Each morning we would decide which way to drive. We ended up at the Grand Canyon.

This time we have some specific destinations in mind but we really don't care when we get there.

I will not be checking here or my email. Debbie says no puters for the entire trip! She even told the family to not ask me to fix anything while I am there....that will be different. LOL (She is the boss Rolling Eyes

We won't be leaving for a few more days , but I did want to get this posted so I don't forget. I will see you online til then.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

VACATION IN TEXAS Empty Re: VACATION IN TEXAS

Post by funky Tue 11 Aug - 9:52

Follow your instincts? It's going to be fun. Throw away the itinerary & forget about mobile phone & internet connection Razz

Enjoy your vacation Smile
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Tue 11 Aug - 10:48

Hope you have a great trip Dan. That sounds like a really fun way to travel. My wife and I have always wanted to do something like that and just drive east thru Canada, hit Montreal on the way thru and wind up in Newfoundland, P.E.I., and Nova Scotia.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sat 15 Aug - 18:51

Noooo!! You gotta drive WEST Trytan!!!!

West is where it is at baby! Never see more beautiful, magnificent, HUGE wilderness anywhere esle in the world....

And then you can see ME! *smile*
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Sun 16 Aug - 6:35

LOL, I'd love to head out to British Columbia some time, but I imagine that would be via aeroplane... not driving. Would love to see Vancouver and all the mountains and forests.....just not sure I could handle the countless hours of driving thru nothing but fields and prairies in order to get there Wink
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down