The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick me! Pick me!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Pick me!  Pick me!!!! Empty Pick me! Pick me!!!!

Post by Sharalei Sat 20 Jun - 2:30

1. Your In-Game Names and classes and what made you choose these names:

Sharalei Nightmyst (Para), Kryptic La Rishe (Necro), Shira La Rishe (Mesmer). Sharalei is the only 20, but it wouldn't take a sec to level the others. I have other toons too, in various stages, but these are my favourites. The names, totally made up for no reason other than, yup, sounds ok.

2. Chapters of Guild Wars that you own and how long you have played them:

I own all campaigns (bought the Trilogy set) plus EoTN. I've played now a few times per week for about 4 months.

3. What is your real life age, first name, and gender?

30 something! Debbie, female.

4. Location in the real world:

Brisbane, Australia

5. Times and days you play:

Whenever the mood hits me. I work part time, so can often be found online during daylight hours. Depending on what's on the TV at night I'll either become a couch potato or logg into GW. Sometimes I play day and night for a week straight, other weeks I may only logg in once.

6. Do you have Ventrilo?

Definately, and working mic. Teamspeak gives me headaches.

7. What do you expect from the guild, and try to elaborate about your needs:

I don't really expect terribly much by way of help, although I am completely new to the game. So far I've used Wiki and Forums to progress (have finished Nightfall in NM, and almost there with EoTN). I would love help to understand the game better though. I am convinced that I've vendored many items that are probably worth quite a lot! I'm totally clueless on that side of things, and coming to grips with the whole rune/insignia setup. I'm a long time player of WoW and items were items, there was no player control over these things. (btw I logg into Wow about once a month these days, it's become stale).

I expect my guild to be friendly first and foremost. If we wipe on a boss become someone does something silly, then we laugh about it and try again, not swear and curse and make each other feel like throwing the game in. I've come from a high end raiding guild in WoW, one mistake and your raiding life is over! I truly want to avoid that kind of pressure in this game. (I know how that sounds, like I caused wipes, but I never did lol.....just explaining the type of pressure that I'm used to).

I prefer a guild where the officers are transparent, and keep members fully informed. Officers that live in officer whisper chat create a divide that makes members feel like subordinates.

8. In couple of sentences introduce yourself?

Hi, I'm Debbie. I've been a MMOholic now for about 3 yrs and see no sign of a cure in the near future. I'm a chess coach, both in schools and privately in homes. I live with my WoWcaholic hubby and our beautiful Akita dog. My dog is my life, and hubby knows and accepts that! lol

9. What do you like to do in the game, what do you think you can contribute to our guild, and what would you like to accomplish in the game?

So far I've enjoyed the whole exploration thing! I love checking out new areas, doing new missions etc. I am eager to try out some dungeons soon, once my toon is up to grouping with others. I am allergic to PvP, please don't ask me unless it's completely necessary (a matter of life and death would be classified as necessary).

Right now, I have no clue and doubt I can contribute much to the guild. However, once I'll all grown up and know this game well, then I would love to help out others Smile Ohhh there is those rep things that if I donate to guild I get double points (forget what they are all about, Kurzick rep thingies). You guys are Kurzick? If not, say so quick, I can change to Luxon, no biggy.

When I started this game I had huge ambitions to do everthing PvE, titles etc. I wanted to sink my teeth into everything this game has to offer, and then master them to the max. Now, I'm not so sure. Now, it's become a matter of biding my time until GW2 comes along. I think my ambitions are to explore this game fully and become proficient enough at it, so that when GW2 comes around I'll be a seasoned player and able to take it on without the noobiness I'm experiencing now. So yes, I'm using this game to prepare me for GW2.

10. Tell us how you found out about us:

I placed an add in the Guru forums seeking an established guild that didn't mind taking on a noob. A very friendly and informative Trytan responded, telling me all about Cherubim Knights. His openness and honesty, and the way he seemed to genuinely love this guild captured my attention. Then, after a short read of your forums I knew this sounded just like home.

11. Any other information about yourself or your GW experiences you feel we should know or that you want to share.

I'm really looking for a calm, relaxed, friendly atmosphere. A guild to call home, where people laugh at my noobiness without getting annoyed by it. Trust me, I'm annoyed by it enough for all of us. Progression is great, but not at the price of fun.

I openly admit that I find it fun to have a few champagnes on a weekend night and then take on dungeon bosses. If this guild prefers totally sober raiders then either I will not drink and play, or I will fail to tell you about it (not sure how to accomplish that over vent though lol).

Cheers for now!

Debs
Sharalei
Sharalei
Stablehand

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Pick me!  Pick me!!!! Empty Re: Pick me! Pick me!!!!

Post by Trytan Sat 20 Jun - 3:53

Welcome Debby!

I think thats one of the best apps I've read through, got me laughing a few times (especially the champagne part). I don't think you'll have a problem at all fitting in here...(I have a feeling you and Nursey will get along famously).

Anyhoo as I said earlier we're by no means in our glory days right now, real life has cut into a lot of people's playing time and of course RL is more important than gaming. Maybe some fresh friendly faces will entice some people to pop in a bit more often.

I'll add you to my friends list and send you an invite when I'm on again tomorrow night.

I'm glad you've decided to join, look forward to playing with you!

Mike
a.k.a. Trytan
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharalei Sat 20 Jun - 4:41

Mike,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome Smile It's perfectly fine with me that the guild membership/activity is on a low right now. It's not about quantity for me, but quality, and I can see this guild has that in spades!

Looking forward to meeting you and your friends in-game.

** pours an extra champaigne for Nursey, hoping if I get her tipsy enough she might share some juicy gossip with a newcomer ** Smile
Sharalei
Sharalei
Stablehand

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sat 20 Jun - 15:53

Hey!!

Did I hear my name mentioned???!!!!

Debbie!!! Welcome!!!!

Oh man, it is LOVELY to see another *ahem* MATURE woman join our group!! Where were you a few months ago??? We desperately needed people like you when we were all seriously gaming and into killing things.

I am afraid my time for playing is really limited right now, but seeing as YOU are here, Well, I shall have to make an effort!!!!

But seriously, welcome welcome, this is a fantastic group of people whom I dearly love (even if I never see them anymore hardly) and you are most welcome (did I mention you are welcome?? *grin*)

I am on holidays for a week starting today (Hawaii - never been but I hear it is fantastic)...Yikes! So I shall not be on for a while (surprise surprise) but when I do... I am gonna hunt you down sister!!

My toons are all various versions of nurse, so if you see me, give me a ding!

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharalei Sun 21 Jun - 0:02

Nursey! Hiya!!

Thank you so much for welcoming me so enthusiastically. I don't think I've ever felt so wanted in my life! lol
So, you have been virtually alone with a bunch of men in the guild? How awful that must have been, I feel for you!! Let the era of men dominating the guild be over, the time has come for women domination!!!! Twisted Evil

Please do not feel you have to spend time out of your holiday to pop into the game and visit me. I'll be there when you return. You are going to just love Hawaii, it's so beautiful! I was there about 10 years ago. I live in tropical Queensland, Australia, we have the best beaches. But, I have to admit Hawaii makes our water look dirty! I've never seen such crystal clear water in my life, it was just magical. I loved my time there, and playing a game would have been the last thing on my mind.

I've also been to Vancouver BC. It is also very pretty, and I have a great time! Until visiting there I'd never experienced snow before. I was sitting in my hotel room when suddenly it started snowing. I squeeled with excitement and couldn't wait to get out there in it. Ran out into the street. Loved the way the snow felt like flakes of marshamallow falling down on me. Exposed my arms to the cold air just so I could fully experience this wonderful white stuff! Then.......then I went indoors again and the snow begame to melt. All down my chest! OMG I've never felt so cold! Learned my lesson, nah!!! I'd do it again

Laughing

Anyway, have a fabulous holiday and I'll see you in a week! Asuming you can stay away that long Wink

Cheers!
Debbie
Sharalei
Sharalei
Stablehand

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Tue 23 Jun - 18:32

Hey welcome to the group will have to catch me in game right now I have way to many irons in the fire with my kids being here for the summer but after that things should slow down and I'll be on more and would be glad to help you out in anyway I can

Till Kill Twisted Evil
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down