The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monking any easy

3 posters

Go down

Monking any easy Empty Monking any easy

Post by TIll KIll Fri 29 May - 7:10

Well now that I have started trying a monk have to say I understand why I have had poor nurse and a few more always so worried about me tanking as a nero. I got myself in a pug that was a joke first thing was they wanted to go 7 different directions agro everything in the area; was run to an area that most of the monster are 3-4 levels above them and wonder why I couldn't keep them alive and then get mad at me for "letting them die " (not kidding here had some guy cussing at me for letting him die) spent the first 10 mins with about 1/3 of my energy level at best and after that when 3-4 of them were dead (BTW in a pile of monsters that I couldn't get around to res them) I couldn't keep up at all because they had argoed everything then come running back the the monk to heal them not thinking that the same thing that's killing them is now going to be killing the monk too not even going to talk about the minion master that was loaded up with minions and gets his stupid butt killed so now like I don't have enough to worry about I now have about 7 more problems that are out there wanting a to make dinner out of me

So for now think I'm only going to monk with the guild or alliance first because these are people that understand that I'm new to this and learning two know that you can't take on the world in one shot and and three understand that there is a price for all the healing that they get for the monk to deal with and you can only do as much as you have the energy for and fourth hey it's just a game that if you die guess what you come back to life and all it cost you was a little dp

So all I will say is thank you to the monks that I've run with and now that I have been on the other side of the stick now I really understand that as a monk you don't have time to worry about anything but keeping as many as you can alive and from now on I'll carry the skill blood is power and do as much as I can to take as much pressure off the monks as I can

Till KIll Twisted Evil
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Monking any easy Empty Re: Monking any easy

Post by Vane (TSK) Fri 29 May - 12:15

Lol. I love it when people monk for the first time, and realize it's not all
peaches and cream. Though I will say PUG monking is way more frustrating
than any guild/alliance group. After awhile you get the... what I call monk attitude, "out of my aggro circle = no heals for you."
Vane (TSK)
Vane (TSK)
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Sat 30 May - 2:59

A little practice and a few hundred deaths and you'll get the hang of it eventually. Playing as a Monk is probably one of the fastest ways to learn proper party techniques and organization. Vane's right though, monking a PUG is probably one of the most frustrating things to do in this game, but if one guy decides to run off, don't go chasing him. If he wanted to be kept alive so bad he probably should've stayed a little closer.

Managing your energy should be one of the first things you learn. Most Monk spells are cheap and quick, but you might be casting them frequently and Monks don't get a lot of good energy recovery skills.

One of your best friends for a while should be Glyph of Lesser Energy
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Sat 30 May - 7:32

Thank you Animus hadn't thought about Glyph of Lesser Energy but being that this toon isn't 60 hrs old yet I'm sure I have a lot more to learn being that I have run as a nero all this time energy was never something that I have had to worry about as long as something is getting killed fairly often energy is not something you really have to think about other that to keep a few skills that don't cost you to much but I had no idea how much more I had to learn about this game (just when I think I know whats going on i find out im in the wrong place again) but as I guess you have learn I'm not above asked lots of questions for help and as always you guys have stepped up and helped so I know that with a little more time I'll get this as well maybe not to the level that you guys have but I'll get it

thank again
Till Kill Twisted Evil
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content