The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More customisations or more ways to make more $$$

4 posters

Go down

More customisations or more ways to make more $$$ Empty More customisations or more ways to make more $$$

Post by funky Fri 24 Apr - 6:01

Hi,

Take a look at this url for some new updates:

http://www.guildwars.com/community/events/contentupdates/4thanniversary/default.php

Includes storage upgrades, makeover & name change abeit all at extra costs Mad
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

More customisations or more ways to make more $$$ Empty Re: More customisations or more ways to make more $$$

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 24 Apr - 17:12

Heh...the In-game Store stuff isn't mandatory, so chill out a little bit.

Some of the new stuff, such as the new gifts, are kinda cool. One new tonic that I like is the Mysterious Tonic.

And here's why:
More customisations or more ways to make more $$$ Gw04710

Oh yeah...Till has something I know Gunter would like. I'll just leave it to him to tell what it is.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

More customisations or more ways to make more $$$ Empty Re: More customisations or more ways to make more $$$

Post by Pampered One Fri 24 Apr - 17:30

Well at first, I was furious about the update/new content. What a load of ****. A new way to take us for a lot more money.

I had time to digest some of it and it's not so bad. One pane for your xunlai chest can be obtained for free through NCSoft and you have until May 31 to claim it.

Secondly the extra bag that is for only Armor/Weapons. It's only 5 spaces for 2500 gold but, thanks to trytan, we were shown last night how to expand it to up to 20 spaces I believe. Thats pretty sweet. The way to obtain this, is in the Great Temple of Balth there are 3 flags that give daily quests with rewards of copper Z coins. The 3 quests are a mission quest, a boss quest, and a pvp quest.

The mission quest will be something we will try to do almost daily as a group. Last nights quest was Blood washes Blood. 5 of us did it and got the xp and 20 copper Z coins. Within a few weeks we could all easily have the full 20 space bag. I know this would help my high level toons a lot since most of them carry 10-15 pieces of armor and different weapons already. Also this bag is good for weapons that are not customized. that means extra space for those long elite hunts. Pretty nice.

So, in conclusion, I'm still pretty ticked for them trying to gouge us of another 40 bucks BUT they did give us something to do as a group, and I have to appreciate that.

Everyone make sure to go to the NCSoft store to claim your free pane. The way I see it, I can potentially have 40 more xunlai chest spots and 380 more armor/weapon spaces between 2 accounts and 19 characters. That is significant to me.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Fri 24 Apr - 17:43

I don't see myself spending any money on the buyable upgrades....15 bucks to change your name is just a tad ridiculous in my opinion. But none of the purchasable items are must haves, just perks.... There probably will be some people that will spend some money and if that helps them keep the game going and doing some updates now and then I'm all for it.

The one update I like the best so far is the Zaishen Challenge missions. There'll be three events every day of the week (a mission from one of the chapters, a boss bounty, and a pvp oriented challenge). These should be a good way to keep things interesting on a guild level and promote people playing together, since everyone is going to have the same things to do for that day if they want to earn Z coins.

And Z coins are the only way to get the higher capacity equipment packs. Also some other interesting goodies to be had like tomes, tonics, and year round fireworks.

There was a lot of bells and whistles introduced with the update but I think really that the Z missions are the only ones that have a chance of holding anyones interest for any amount of time. I'd like to see us get active in this and try to do these daily missions as often as possible and try to get everyone playing together.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 24 Apr - 18:00

Another way to have year-round fireworks is to hope you get a special item from the Gifts of the Traveler, which is an Everlasting Crate of Fireworks. And I'll break and show you what Till got from his 5 gifts.

More customisations or more ways to make more $$$ Gw05210

Think about the keg...50 whole uses. Smile
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Fri 24 Apr - 19:43

The Everlasting Crate of Fireworks is also available with Gold Zaishen coins. It costs 50 gold zaishen coins which translates into about 2500 copper coins if my math is correct. (think it costs 50 copper coins to get a silver coin, and 50 silver to get one gold). So yeah it'd probably take a month or two to save up enough but it is another way to easily attain the Party Animal title.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 24 Apr - 21:49

It takes 10 sliver ones to get 1 gold one. And the everlasting party items and tonics do NOT add toward your Party Animal title.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Sat 25 Apr - 1:14

Thanks for the correction Andrew, didn't realize that the everlasting one wouldn't count towards the title, guess it kinda makes sense that it doesn't.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down