The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four hours of torture in Fissire of Woe

+3
Vane (TSK)
Scion
Godzuki
7 posters

Go down

Four hours of torture in Fissire of Woe Empty Four hours of torture in Fissire of Woe

Post by Godzuki Sun 15 Feb - 10:28

My friend has been trying to get a group for FoW/UW for the past few days. His Guild/Alliance wasn't too interested so he started trying to look for pugs. Needless to say those did not go too well. I told him I'd go down there with him next time I had the chance. Well, that was a few hours back. Problem was, we were still short of some people. I would have normally suggested we go with 2 People and 6 Heroes but he only has Prophecies at the moment. So, after some thinking, he asked if we could do it with 5 people (Me, 3 Heroes, and him). I told him I wasn't sure how successful we'd be. I decided I might as well and put together 3 heroes designed to kick FoW right where it hurts. We got organized, cleared our inventory, and went.

I really did not think we would make it far. It was challenging at first but we kept trudging on. We had occasional deaths but nothing too bad. At least, not until the Burning Forest. With Ancient Skales spamming Grenth's Balance at you and 2 Mahgo Hydras casting two Meteor Showers, it was tough. I followed the FoW Pathfinding Guide to some success. The Spider Cave was a giant pain and so were the Siege Wurms.

With only 5 people we lacked some offensive and defensive power but we tried our best.

After 4 hours of what seemed like torture (at least from a Monk's point of view. I'm sure he had fun shooting stuff):

screenshot omitted

Me - Monk. Basic heals. Aegis for Shadow Ranger and Abyssal Groups. Protective Spirit for the Shadow Elementalists, Hydras, and Icehands. Rebirth because with 2 people doing FoW half-asleep, someone's bound to die.

Zhed - Daze, blind, and big damage.

Gwen - Anti-Spiteful Spirit and Anti-Shadow Monk/Siege Wurm/Mahgo Hydra/Smoke Walker/(you get the point)

Master- Spiteful Spirit for obvious reasons. Heals for backup support. Well of Silence for the AoE degen to make Daul Shadow Monk groups slightly easier to handle without putting points into Death Magic for Well of Suffering.

My friend - General barrage build which we changed a little so that he could do some minor tanking of the Skeletal Icehand groups (I hate Deep Freeze + Maelstrom).

We got bleh drops from the chest but my friend now has bragging rights since his guild told him we couldn't do it and that he just needed to find a better pug.

Proved them wrong, eh?

Last edited by Curatio Animus on Thu 24 Dec - 5:11; edited 1 time in total
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Four hours of torture in Fissire of Woe Empty Re: Four hours of torture in Fissire of Woe

Post by Scion Sun 15 Feb - 13:48

Congrats Franc - always a nice feeling mucking through and making it, regardless.
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Four hours of torture in Fissire of Woe Empty Re: Four hours of torture in Fissire of Woe

Post by Vane (TSK) Sun 15 Feb - 18:48

Nice. Should of givein me a yell, I love a good FoW clear.
Vane (TSK)
Vane (TSK)
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sun 15 Feb - 18:52

*smile* if anyone could do it...it would be YOU Franc...

Congrats!!!

But how come you did not take the Para Party?

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Sun 15 Feb - 20:26

Well, I'm trying to say this the nicest way I can, but the Para group is not the Godsend of all group builds. It has its weaknesses (The fact that it relies on adrenaline/shouts).

I'm not saying it wouldn't work for FoW (I have absolutely no idea), but there are much better group builds to use for dungeons such as FoW, Underworld, and etc, etc..
Jebus
Jebus
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sun 15 Feb - 21:28

Hmmm I dunno where it would or would not work to be honest since I have not ran it myself. But I do remember following Jon one weekend and we went through Eotn, Proph and almost all of NF in record time over two days. It was pretty amazing.

It got kinda old for me though, seeing as I did not have to do a thing except make sure I stayed as close as I could to Jon and lobbed fireballs from afar...

Franc and I have decided that I need to get a Para party up as well and we are going to have WORLD DOMINATION with 6 Paras and 1 derv, 1 ele...should be interesting....
N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Mon 16 Feb - 3:53

The reason I did not go with Paraway is because the amount of (proper) healing and protting could not be left up to a hero who likes to spam things willy nilly. Also, Mesmer heroes have great interrupts and Gwen really helped me out with Empathic Removal. Zhed was there to make things a lot easier. He would either daze or blind enemies. Also, his AoE daze + my friend's Barrage = constant AoE interrupts where Gwen interrupted what leaked through.

Paraway would have done okay in FoW but Paraway lacks a lot of things and as Jebus said, relies too heavily on chants and shouts (and spamming them). There was no blinding from what I remembered but the ever-so-rampant Spiteful Spirit and Empathy (armor ignoring damage which I could have only reduced with "There's Nothing to Fear" but that would have only been 8 out of 20 seconds at the most) would have gotten us at some point. If I had gone for the variant that used two Paragon heroes using Empathic Removal, I could have avoided that but I would be giving up daze unless I had brought Spear Swipe which is not really a good choice of daze down there.

Paraway would have done great with 4 other people but I'd rather rely on something I know well (I've been monking for over a year. I've been uhm.. paragonning? for maybe 2 weeks) if I wanted to try a 5-man FoW.

(and I'll definitely give you a shout next time, Vane)

Also, I agree with you Jebus. Every team build has its strengths and weaknesses.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Tue 7 Apr - 22:11

very well done man.. I have monked FoW with a full group of 8, its not an easy task even with a full group.. hero's? I would have said forget it..prob not possible..

way to prove ALOT of people wrong there man Smile
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thu 9 Apr - 16:03

Well done!! I would love to see your builds.

Great job.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum