The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*sigh* GW2 woes

+4
HeavyMetalHead
Scion
Godzuki
Game Nurse
8 posters

Go down

*sigh* GW2 woes Empty *sigh* GW2 woes

Post by Game Nurse Sat 14 Feb - 20:32

So I read an article that was sent to me by GameSpot (yes, I subscribe to their online article notification thingie...sad hey?) and it said that GW2 will be pushed back to 2010 or even later.

Nooooooooo!!!!!

Apparently they are really promoting the release of Aion this fall in North America and the EU (it actually looks like a gorgeous game to be honest, although I do feel a little guilty to admit it), and they do not want to stretch themselves too thin.

*sigh*

Ah well. I have lots of classes to play and lots and lots of outfits to buy. But Man. It is a drag...

You can find lots of things about it on YouTube, which then of course gets me YouTube surfing and then I am lost for well over an hour miles away from where I started... Love YouTube. Just love it!

Man you whipper snappers are so very lucky! Why didn't they have THIS when I was a kid????? All we had were cave drawings and shadow puppets... *grin*

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

*sigh* GW2 woes Empty Re: *sigh* GW2 woes

Post by Godzuki Sun 15 Feb - 1:14

*sigh* GW2 woes Lineupca5am6

It's funny since it says "To Be Announced" meaning it could be pushed back even later.

I would not be so disappointed with NCSoft/ArenaNet if they had not told us about GW2 so early.

But they did and they've done nothing to their loyal fans who have been waiting and waiting and waiting only to be told that there is no planned release date or even a speculation of when the Beta is going to be. But I guess that's best because if they promised another beta date and missed it, that would probably piss off whatever's left of their fanbase that hasn't lost faith in them already.

I really doubt a majority of the original Guild Wars players will be moving onto GW2 with the continuous disappointments they seem to give us so often.

But I think it's evident that they don't care about long-time Guild Wars players who have been playing since the beta.

They want new meat.

Which is why nowadays so many things in the game are so easily accessible such as Eye of the North being available to level 10 players and the release of Consumables that can get any average Joe through a Hard Mode mission. They want players to experience the entire game in just a few days so that they can hang the waiting surprise of Guild Wars 2 in their face.

It's giant slap in the face to what used to be their loyal fans, if you ask me. I will not be looking forward to Guild Wars 2. Honestly, the only thing keeping me in the game is this Guild.

At this rate, they will need to come out with pretty regular content updates (not just skill updates) to satisfy the players if they plan on releasing Guild Wars 2 in 2010/2011. They said they will be releasing new content on a quarterly basis but they've made a promise like that before and failed to keep it. With the lack of focus being put on this Guild Wars, I doubt those content updates are going to be anything worth the wait. There are still a few very loyal developers that are working hard on making this game enjoyable even for those who have been playing it for a few months now with nothing new to do. I commend them for their effort, but I don't think that's enough to keep us waiting until the release of Guild Wars 2.

It also seems like the monthly tonic was just a ploy to keep people playing regularly just to get the new tonic, especially when a new one comes out. Once the tonics start repeating, the player base will probably start dwindling a little (that and Zaishen Keys will be worthless).

It's already been said that the point of development of GW2 is far enough that some of the team was actually able to test the game. Why haven't they given us screenshots? Concept art? Anything? Nothing.

At this point, that is all GW2 is to me. Nothing.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sun 15 Feb - 3:37

I am wondering if Aion is really GW2 in a different skin. I mean the toons look very similar, and the movies on YouTube shows some very familiar interface aspects.

Perhaps they have decided that GW2 is not really in their best interest and are putting Aion ahead instead.

Anyways, you are right Franc, they have not been supporting their loyal GW fans and everyday I hear of guilds closing/disbanding due to the lack of new content.

The irony is that perhaps if they DID charge the standard monthly fee, or even $5 per player per month or something, they would be able to create the revenue to hire more developers or whatever it takes to keep a game fresh. I would very gladly pay $10 or more a month for a fresh, new, comprehensive GW. It is beyond doubt the best MMORPG out there.

I have treid Wow, and I have tried LORTO, and both have really fun, interesting elements. But GW is the most difficult, interesting and the most thoughtful. The skill system is the best bar none. But even that gets old when you have done the same quests, and seen the same sights.

Love the game. Absolutely love it. And I have not in any way tapped all the things I can do it, but even still.... some attempt by the producers to keep us going would be nice... Shoot, even some new armour would be cool. Assassins could really use a decent set of clothes. They are seriously fashion challenged.

And yeah Franc, I hear you. You people in this guild are pretty much the only reason why I keep logging on day after day. Without you all, this game would be nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Sun 15 Feb - 14:12

GW developers have said "no new content". I'm mostly fine with that. If they change up the 'useless' Elites every other month I'll keep playing, just to mess with new builds.

If they start charging $5 a month then I'm hanging up my Lampshade. I already bought the game, I can't justify renting it every month, too.

Which means I won't be playing Aion, which looks to be, as Nurse says, a GW update.

Releasing my next no cost Mahmorpagah 2011? Seriously? Looks like I've enough time to max them title tracks. Which now seems more depressing than exciting.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Sun 15 Feb - 17:41

GW2 might end up like Duke Nukem Forever at this rate.....and DNF has been vaporware since it was started in 1997! They've REALLY gotta step it up and do something if they wanna keep people playing GW1, and willing to wait for GW2.

Their currently available developer notes have a three-shot list of GW1 game changes coming in April: 1) Increases to account-based (Xunlai Chest) storage. 2) Improvements to character-based storage. 3) Account-based changes to the Hall of Monuments.

Who thinks they'll come through with just that? Let's hope they got some good stuff on their update "wish list" to keep us going for another year or so. I'd hate it if we actually disbanded just because everyone got bored of the game and left. This guild is kinda like a second family for me, as weird as it sounds.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Vane (TSK) Sun 15 Feb - 18:30

Sorry to say but GW1 will not last till Gw2. There is no way people will stay into this game for another 2 years. Well not everyone people who have only been playing for a year or two will stick around, but those of us that have been playing for... what.... I'm at almost 4 years now, will move on.

Anet will have to add new places or new weapon drops or god forbid new armor, to keep the old timers, new storage will not be enough, nor will account wide HoM.

Not sure why Anet went this route, I keep hoping that on April 1st they will say it has all been a huge April fools joke and that Gw2 will be out end of 09.

Ah well back to /age farming I guess Sad
Vane (TSK)
Vane (TSK)
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Mon 16 Feb - 4:41

Everytime I think of the promises made and the breaking thereof, I get furious. this is definatly not the first NCSoft related game that I have felt screwed by. It seemed GW would be better with the control of ANet, but in the long run it was all just a bunch of f****** bull****.

This game is already becoming a nightmare to keep people in the guilds. The only think I see for future guilds is either Huge guilds with large impersonal turnovers or small guilds with just a couple close friends playing together. I personally don't see much point in wasting large amounts of time and effort regrowing guilds. Focus on the friends you got and enjoy them....or run away and enjoy being a small part of a big cog.

GW2???? screw that, I will not go. This may be the end of my mmorpg gaming days. Nice thing about single player games....the people you play with want to be there and play with you...heh heh

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Mon 16 Feb - 4:47

Lol I just looked at Aion. It has stuff in it that was rejected or never implemented for Lineage 2. Yay people....your GW has been abandoned for a second rate Lineage 2. The armors are very much Lin 2 knockoffs. The races....well I see the dark elves and light elves under new names. The graphics look good. Yay for flash and bling I guess.

If you choose to go to Aion, do not expect it to be actively supported past the release of GW2.
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Tue 17 Feb - 1:35

So the people wanting GW2 are essentially being bum-f***ed and cast aside for a Lineage 2 knock-off? Great...it seems like my first MMORPG might end up being my last MMORPG. Unless I break and get a pay-2-play one...now I gotta make a short list of the dang things just in case...
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Tue 17 Feb - 3:34

I really prefer the pay-to-play MMORPGS aka EQ/WoW. Their really the only ones you can depend on for these sort of things. Although, out of all the pay-once-and-play MMORPGS GW has to be the best. Despite, how cruel they are to their players.
Jebus
Jebus
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Tue 17 Feb - 6:34

The only huge objections I can give to the pay to play, is the fact that, since real life money is spent on a monthly basis and people take it more seriously, this tends to lead to farming, botting, and hacking in order to obtain more of either gold or key items. This in turn causes the farming companys to mine these same resources outcompeting the average player. these companies then sell these resources online for more real money which further blocks up the ingame economy.

Never seen a mmorpg yet that did'nt have this.

Also, another drawback is the cost to a casual player. the person that might only play 2 hours every saturday gets stuck paying as much as the person that plays 8 hours a day. Does'nt seem fair if you ask me. How about instituting a pay per hour rate? That I could endorse. Also would free up servers from people sitting afk for days at a time.

My final point. Are you really getting what you pay for or more likely overpaying for what you are getting? Let's look at WoW. You pay for the game upfront. this 50$ pays for the cost of the games production and developement. so what exactly are you getting for that 15$ per month? Lets back up just a hair and look at that figure first.

15$ per month. 11.5 million monthly subscribers. Thats 172,500,000$ per month. In one year thats 2 BILLION 70 MILLION dollars. WoW indeed.

So what are you getting for that 2 billion dollars. Well there are roughly 1000 servers running worldwide along with a few GM's on each I would assume. I've played on private run servers that ran 1000+ players based in Seattle, Houston, and European cities. Their owners let it be known that it cost them a "couple hundred dollars" a month for the server. I tend to think that 2 Billion dollars is a hell of a lot of money for 1000 servers and a couple thousand support staff.

What is really being paid for is considerable padding of corporate pockets. 2 years ago I was shot down for this arguement on several forums in the gaming industry. The reason....the corporations are good...strong...ergo what we need. i am supporting the renegade/pirating community in my arguement.

Well this is the same type of corporate padding that has trashed the 3 American car companies, caused the American Government to send 100's of Billions of dollars to a corrupted, overinflated banking industry (though the banking officials still managed bonuses this Christmas that totalled 18 Billion dollars).

This is the same thinking that has us now paying over 100$ for a sporting event ticket in the nosebleed section or 300+ dollars for concert tickets in the same part of the stadium. As long as people are willing to pay overinflated amounts for lesser service, the corporations will continue to gouge us for it.

This is the real reason, i believe, that we in GW have been abandoned. They needed one or more new pocket padders and quite frankly, GW2 wasnt it. They will still make GW2, but not until they can gouge us for a couple of Billion dollars first.

I'm stepping forward in my life and saying enough is enough.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sat 21 Feb - 19:22

*sigh* I know. You are right.

What a bucket of cold water you are!!! *smile*

However.
Wow, I do not know what to say about that game. I cannot defend them. The game is ok, the graphics are colourful and fun, but not especially technical. The content suprises me. For a billion dollars or 2 billion or whatever, you would think they would develop more offshoots, more content, more classes, more skills, more flexibility with those skills (My MAIN beef and why I do not really care for the game) etc. etc.

Lord of the Rings I have been playing off and on, not a lot of time to spare for MMORPGs atm. But I have to say they are doing a lovely job with that game. I do not mind my $15 a month going there. It is lovely, and well thought out, and well written and the entire game just speaks to the love of the original books. It is a really fun place to hang out. Right now they are offereing a free 10 day trial. Try it, don't buy it if you do not want to, but just try it for kicks. It is quite nice. NO, it is not the game that GW is. But then, I do not think ANY game is the game GW is.

Really.

I have been looking around just for fun to compare and ocntrast. I dunno if it is because GW was my First *smile*, or what have you, but there is no other game out there that really compares. The pleasure of all you people's company aside, and you ALL should know how much I love you guys by now...the game is the best thought out and it is a game for gamers, and it is why I will always, ALWAYS come back to it.

Man I wish they had kept going with it. I really, really do. Really.

And perhaps that is a testimony to the necessity of monthly fees. Perhaps if they WERE charging even $5 per month, they would have been able to sink more money for further development. Perhaps the game would still be growing, and not dying *sigh*

There I said it.

At any rate, if AION is what it appears to be..namely a GW/Lineage continuation...then I am all about it. I will gladly pay their fees because I really believe in the quality of the games these developers put out. I want to see it grow. I want to continue it. And honestly... $15 per month..I mean really. HOW many hours do we log? HOW much pleasure to we get???

I do not mind paying for a quality product. Ever.

And I am just letting you guys know...IF Aion comes out and is as good as I am very desperately hoping it will be..I am hoping, wishing, praying that you willl ALL come over and we can continue playing together there. A new beginning, an old Guild.

You guys are too wonderful to give up.

So put aside $2 a week. That is it. $2 a week starting this week and you will have oodles of money to buy the game when it comes out. And maybe pay for a month or two if it comes to that....

Come on guys!!!! Let's go flying together!!!!!!!!!!

Just think of all the Aggro/getting lost/ completely confused and crashing opportunities that are going to be available!! I can guarantee that I will be dong all of those things..possibly at the same time...

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by homework19 Sat 21 Feb - 19:33

i am trying to rekindle my love for GW, but I am hooked on LOTRO. Like Nurse said, it is worth the 15 dollars.... GW has some upsides as well, but I am having a hard time getting into it lately. Probably just me
homework19
homework19
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 49
Other games played : COD5, Making History, Red Orchestra, IL2, NHL 09, NCAA Football 09
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sun 22 Feb - 0:10

Oooo! What class and server are you on Duke?

I have been hanging in Firefoot (liked the name because, of course, it is named for a horse..... *smile*)

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by homework19 Sun 22 Feb - 3:37

Brandywine
homework19
homework19
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 49
Other games played : COD5, Making History, Red Orchestra, IL2, NHL 09, NCAA Football 09
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum