The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TSK asking for help

+8
Scion
Jebus
Game Nurse
Danny
Godzuki
HeavyMetalHead
JubalNotJamie
Pampered One
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TSK asking for help Empty TSK asking for help

Post by Pampered One Wed 14 Jan - 2:53

TSK is trying to rebuild but is running into a road block much the same we did for a while. They bring in new people that see the low activity level and they turn around and leave. They have asked us if anyone would be willing to go over to their guild TEMPORARILY to bolster the activity level to aid in recruiting. This is volunteer basis only. Let me know or post here.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

TSK asking for help Empty Re: TSK asking for help

Post by JubalNotJamie Wed 14 Jan - 4:50

hmmm

i shall volunteer

let me kno before hand when arrangements are to be made
JubalNotJamie
JubalNotJamie
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Wed 14 Jan - 4:56

A temporary guild change...dunno how I'd cope. Might just log in and go afk for hours at a time like some of us do. It's 50/50 for me. If I can be convinced to go, I will. If not, then I stay.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Wed 14 Jan - 6:28

I will put my name down if there is a lack of volunteers. I'd be happy to help out TSK.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Wed 14 Jan - 16:55

I will volunteer my short account (Prohecy only) and at least 1 or 2 nights a week. I am not too sure how much good it will do. They are all baby toons, but maybe it will help me build them up. Let me know if this is too little. I could give more time if necessary.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 16 Jan - 18:49

Not going to coerce or convince you Andrew. this is volunteer basis only.
At the end of this weekend I will contact Ryan and let him know that Franc, Jubal, Di and My 2nd account will come over to try to help out. Not sure how much effect thats going to really have.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Fri 16 Jan - 19:51

Ok, I am feeling a little slow here.

I just don't get it!!!

What is the point of joining another guild, making friends with the members both new and old, forming connections with them, and then leaving them!!??? That kinda sucks!

Won't they just want to follow us back here to TCK when we leave? I know I would! Especially if I was a newer member with no real affiliation to TSK and a bulk of my new friends went away.

And putting an account that you never use or are afk on, just to pretend someone is online just for appearance's sake is hardly a social strategy.

Am I being really thick here??

Unless the goal is not to allow them to join TCK when we all return. And that is just mean.

What exactly is the plan?

Just for the record I have volunteered as well, and if it really will be useful and helpful I will most certainly go. They are a really fun bunch and I love spending time with them.

But I have a hard enough time trying to FIND enough time for all my friends outside the guild, much less make MORE outside friends. And I am most certain we all have the same problem. And I would really miss our brand new home anyways.... it is SO way gorgeous...

So Please someone explain to me how this will work....

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)

Last edited by Game Nurse on Fri 16 Jan - 20:21; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : *sigh* spelling issues...)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Fri 16 Jan - 20:10

I'm not against helping them, but Nurse does bring up some very good points. Also, we have our own problems when it comes to activity level. How are we going to fix their problem, if we struggle with our own?
Jebus
Jebus
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 16 Jan - 21:10

Alright, Gunter. I wasn't gonna make a big deal on being convinced to do this anyway.

Jebus, that brings us to the solution Gunter and Ann wish to avoid: merging together.

Scion is all against it (dunno what all he told Gunter) and Gunter doesn't think that our playing style could conform to catering for the elitist players in TSK.

Also, the current idea is how TCK came back after they went belly-up the first time and Gunter started playing GW again. TSK members came to TCK so they could help the guild get back up and running. Of course if Aeternalia wasn't MIA, who knows what he'd say about this whole thing.

But if push comes to shove, merging would be the last option we'd probably choose.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Fri 16 Jan - 21:32

Perhaps, Adrian, it might be best if you were not to put words in people's mouths and let them speak for themselves....

I am very certain Scion, Gunter and Ann can speak their own opinions about whatever possibilities might be considered for the future.

*smile*

And I for one, find merging one of many interesting possible solutions that could be considered.

It could be fun! They are a great bunch!

And shoot, we have many guildees who could hold their own with any 'elite' player should they choose to do so. Besides, it is lonely at the top. I know of many, many 'elite' players that are more than happy to crawl along at a slower pace for the sake of friendship. Smile

-----------------------------

We are big enough and strong enough to welcome any player, or group of players, that might wish to join with us, regardless of their play style.
I think anyways.

I am not saying this option is being considered. I have no idea what options ARE being considered. But I do not think it is a good idea to simply slam the door on possibilities that might be very amusing and breathe life back into a game that is getting older by the day. I love GW, it is the best game ever and I am NEVER bored. However, the fact is, it IS older, nothing new has come out for a very long time, and the shadow of GW2 (which I believe is never ever going to happen *sigh*) is hanging over all our heads. Building a community of keen players and supportive friendships can do nothing but good, regardless of how it comes about. I am just saying we should all be open to thinking outside the box on how to keep us together and become a stronger community...

Just my two cents...as usual *smile*

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 16 Jan - 22:25

Bah...I know I make myself seem like a bastard with how I word things sometimes. I only said what I remembered from when I heard the news, as inaccurate as some of it may be. But I agree that if it comes to merging, then so be it.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Fri 16 Jan - 22:52

*smile*

Ah Adrian, we all come across the wrong way sometimes.

It is difficult in this medium to convey exactly what we mean to say in the best of times...

Thanks for clarifying your position though, and I know you will be among the first in line to help out with whatever comes our way.

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Fri 16 Jan - 22:55

I was against loaning out players for one reason: What happens down the line. Nurse hit the nail on the head in better words than I could whip together.

A month? Two? Six? Eventually people are going to come back to TCK. Or are they? This seems like a nice quick fix, we will go inflate them and blah blah recruit blah numbers blah guild repaired.

But as a TCK guy, I don't really have any love for TSK. And if I joined this guild, played with you people, then you all left to go back to your own guild, I'd ask myself why I didn't just join there.

There are, I think, three paths:

Absorb TSK into TCK. This is crap though, because now we are taking people that were in one guild, maybe officers, and making them members of a "lower" guild (I say that as TSK came first). Are they cool with this? Am I really going to be asked to check up on TSK people? Are their officers going to become new officers in TCK? Or is the new TSK people going to join us, then just PM Gunter and Moosh in order to play together? Merging the guilds really brings up a lot of baggage, but I think it is the best option.

Or. This TCK loaner option. Which I think is crap. Nurse said it best, what happens when the people you play with in the guild you are in leave to go back to the real guild they are apart of? Oh, I'm not really apart of this guild, you see it was dieing and I jumped in to make it look cool, so, now you are here, new guy, and I'm leaving. Forget that.

Lastly. I found this guild through the gwguru forums. People that have a desire to find a place to stay look there, I think. Why isn't TSK doing this? It'd be real easy to frame up a blurb saying hey, we're a tight group of eight people that want to expand. We're in an Alliance, and we need more warm bodies to play with. Come check it out. PM Nana or whatever.

It just seems to me that if TSK is going under, it isn't TCK's job to bail them out. As "the teacher guild", TCK has flourished because we get new folk and play together. TSK didn't. Sad music.

Grrar. This angers me. Why should I lose the people I play with in order to support other people I've never played with when I know that the plan isn't going to work?

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Fri 16 Jan - 23:52

*smile*

Scion, I just love you...

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Sat 17 Jan - 1:11

Damned if I do. Damned if I dont. All good points. I need TSK people to read this thread. Let them see your concerns.

I want to save the parent, but not at the expense of the child. Or more accurately, save the oldest child but not at the expense of the sibling.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Sat 17 Jan - 6:56

Okay...so maybe Ive been slacking on my attentiveness, but I guess its time for me to put my two cents in.

I totally agree with Nicolette. TSK made the sacrifice when TCK expanded to the sister guild after our recruitment expanded; but when activity level dropped we were absorbed. Yes, we moved officers from TSK to help in the expansion...but those officers became dutiful to the new guild and preferred staying in TCK. This will happen if we let people and officers move over to TSK, and I am fearful for this. This is our community and sharing people makes it difficult to keep this community tight knit. Maybe I am selfish, but I have loyalty to TCK since these are my friends and I really like our community. We are only obligated to help TSK because we are nice guildees; otherwise, most of all the recruitment of our folks was through our own efforts...and that our focus was helping newer players get to know the game. Most of us are elite players now...but its the new blood that keeps people sharp and willing to help. TSK just needs to stop being elite and be the helpful guild that TSK was chartered to be.

Lady H
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Sat 17 Jan - 12:30

Now that I've said my peace here, my post will be in the officers section until this gets worked out.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaistaria Marie Sun 18 Jan - 1:04

I know that I haven't been on in awhile and it's mostly just officers posting here, but I have to say that when I actually get a chance to come back (just like some of our other members who took time away so the game was fun again) I would hate to come back to a guild where most of my friends were gone. I know that for me personally, if my friends all left TCK to revive TSK, I would have to go with them simply because that's the whole reason I check the forums and play GW. Once you go so far in the game, it's not really that much fun anymore unless you have your friends with you.

Since the day I joined TCK, I have met some of the best, most honest, sweetest people I think I've ever met. There has been drama here and there, but because we are all like an extended family, it has always been worked out. To switch over to another guild, revive them, the to come back to TCK seems...like it would be somewhat awkward. And honestly, I would follow my friends wherever they happened to go...just as I'm sure that the "new" members of TSK would once they got to know all of you.

It's hard enough to make new friends, but then to have those new friends go back to their former guild (and really, it would be mean not to invite them to TCK if the former members rejoined) and leave them in TSK...where would that leave TSK? My guess....in the same boat they were in before..

Not only that, but the sacrifices that would have to be made on BOTH guild's parts...You honestly run the risk of losing BOTH guilds to help one.

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in simply because I DO care for all of you so very much. I would hate to see our guild fail in the process and the possibility of losing my friends just....well it sucks!
Alaistaria Marie
Alaistaria Marie
Squire

Female
Number of posts : 89
Other games played : WoW, Runes of Magic
Registration date : 2008-08-10

http://www.myspace.com/serina_baby19

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sun 18 Jan - 2:50

Oh, I have MISSED you Marie!!!!

Nicely put.

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Sun 18 Jan - 2:59

Screw it. If anyone wants to go help them, fine go. I offer them nothing anymore.

I'm writing this with a full head of steam right now. I feel I, my officers and our guild have been royally slapped in the face.

For months this Alliance has been dead. Except us. We dropped off from 30 daily actives to 25. The other guilds dropped to like 2 daily actives. When we saw people on from the other guilds we tried to talk to them...encourage them to persevere..made excuses for THEIR OWN MEMBERS. We were the alliance.

Then the SISTER guild wanted to rebuild. All well and good. A few of us were willing to go over and help bolster activity despite a lot of turmoil it was causing here.

About the time we get 4 or 5 of us ready to make the move, we notice ECTO and TNS are gone (despite my asking that they be left in to give members from those guilds to come back to an alliance and to then be moved into TSK).

Then we have a new guild in the Alliance. No consultation. no voting. No input from any of us. That has NEVER been the way its done.

I feel we have been patted on the head and sent on our way. Obviously part of the Alliance has a vision of how they want to grow and what kind of people they want in this Alliance but we have no say in this anymore it seems.

I keep hoping that this rush to add quantity and not quality will pass but it seems to be the recuring flaw in thinking. The new Guild has been in less then 12 hours and already member are yelling "faget" in chat....yeah they can not even spell that correctly. That person would not even make it through the door for our guild. With the way things are being handled, I foresee a massive rebuild up with following crash. They are stuck in a pattern.

I am frustrated and irritated beyond belief and the only thing keeping me in this Alliance is the word I gave to keep TCK in the Alliance. However, part of that word was we were to be a sister guild....equal say. That part does not seem to be kept up.

I am seriously contemplating either taking the guild out of the Alliance or leaving and reforming it without any ties.

This has been a little rambling but I had so many angry and crude things that wanted to come out of me that I had to chop it up into piecemeal.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by homework19 Sun 18 Jan - 4:11

I have stayed mute on this topic, but here is my 2 cents.

When I joined TCK I had no clue what I was doing on GW. Derv Aden and I were just looking for a cool guild after we left a dead one. What I ended up with was a guild that showed me how to play this game, and helped at every turn. Other than for Nana, I have never even talked to a member of TSK until Friday when one of them was recruiting in Factions.

I enjoy this guild because of what it offers, the friendliness, helpfulness and just the fun we can have in game. If that is without TSK, i am ok with that. I know we have some amazing players in our guild that would be considered "elite," but they don't make the rest of the guild feel like they are second rate. I am quite happy to have found this place.

As for the Alliance. I found myself awful confused with all the guilds leaving and a new one tonight that seemed like my Junior High Sunday School class (very immature). I will do whatever Pampered and the officers decide, but I would rather stay in a fun, but challenging guild versus one that is all about maxing titles etc.

Duke
homework19
homework19
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 49
Other games played : COD5, Making History, Red Orchestra, IL2, NHL 09, NCAA Football 09
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sun 18 Jan - 4:45

Wow Gunter.
Tell us what you really think!!!

You know, I am pretty easy going. And I really try to always give people a BIG benefit of the doubt. But I have to say, I think they are being quite rude. To make changes such as dumping alliance members without even talking to us first is rude and dismissive. To ask for help and then go ahead and inflict others on us without any notice or consultation is insulting.

Are we in a partnership or not?

I am not really into dumping them. I really like some of the people on there, and it is very likely it is not THEIR fault that their officers are being so bizarre. But I think TSK owes us... owes YOU Gunter, an apology and an explanation.

All I can say is...I just cannot WAIT to hear what Scion has to say.

Anyone got any popcorn?

*settles back in chair to wait for the show*

Ncolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Sun 18 Jan - 5:56

Wow...now this I did not expect. Shocked

I know TSK is bizarre from some of the members I know, but this takes it.

*starts the microwave after putting some popcorn in*

(Do you mind extra butter popcorn, Nurse?)
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sun 18 Jan - 8:54

*smile*

Not at all Adrian, not at all....

*moves over on the couch*

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vane (TSK) Sun 18 Jan - 10:00

Even though I' am no longer in any sort of position to speak for the leadership of TSK, I must say that I am sorry to all of you.

As for the ECTO thing, they were dead, they had no officers, and no member had been on in under 2 weeks, the last person to be on
was invited to TSK. TNS, officers tried to contact them and as far as I know never heard from them. Now that was all before I stepped down.

As for the "new" guild, your guess is as good as mine. As far as I know there should of been a vote, and trial period if the vote went in their
favor. Not real sure what happen there.

Gunter I would not blame you one bit if you picked TCK up and left. It's beyond me why a new guild was even invited, with TSK in the state
it's in.

Again I in no way speak for the leadership of TSK, if you want official word, talk to Ryan or Morgann.
Vane (TSK)
Vane (TSK)
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next