The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do i open this

4 posters

Go down

How do i open this Empty How do i open this

Post by Pampered One Thu 11 Dec - 4:46

Cant figure this out

How do i open this Gw05210

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

How do i open this Empty Re: How do i open this

Post by HeavyMetalHead Thu 11 Dec - 14:11

I looked at the area map of the Crystal Desert on the wiki and that one area isn't explorable. Someone probably did that by accident.

Here's the link to the map from the wiki: http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/e/e0/Crystal_Desert_Label.jpg
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Thu 11 Dec - 14:27

If you hug the wall tight and stop occassionally for a couple seconds along the wall in The Arid Sea you might open that area between the 2 areas but it appears that the bottom area can not be explored.

Paravell
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Thu 11 Dec - 17:26

After scraping the area, I've gotten pretty much the same result as you. That area you're missing doesn't seem to be accessible. The maps used for TexMod aren't always 100% reliable. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. When it comes to cartography, the game is a bit forgiving. There's usually more than 100% (Cantha being the most forgiving, Proph being the least) so you should be able to hit 100% anyway.

Edit: Yeah, after looking through some stuff, someone managed to get the cartographer title for Proph without even doing Hell's Precipice. Lots of leeway there.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Thu 11 Dec - 19:35

I have heard that if your account is old and you played the arena's back when they were scattered around in different towns, you have a bit of an edge. There is debate as to whether it helps or not, but I know I have a lot of these areas open that no longer show as being accesible.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Thu 11 Dec - 20:25

Yeah, there are spots like that which are no longer accessible. If you do have those areas open, then it does seem like you would have an edge. I know of a bug a looooong time ago (before I even knew what GW was) where Lion's Arch was accidentally turned into Augury Rock (or maybe it was Amnoon Oasis, I don't really remember), and so it was possible to uncover a large bit of the area south of Lion's Arch which is no longer possible. This yielded probably around 1.0-1.5%. Grandmaster Cartographer is still possible without those areas, but if you've got them uncovered, then you definitely have an advantage.

There's also an area in the Frost Gate mission which is accessible with Necrotic Transversal/Consume Corpse. This isn't counted for Cartographer but it definitely helps to get some extra percentage.

You should consult this guide for specific spots like that: http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grandmaster_cartography_guide
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: