The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PVP in 5 easy steps..

4 posters

Go down

PVP in 5 easy steps.. Empty PVP in 5 easy steps..

Post by Aeternalia Thu 13 Mar - 16:48

I need some help with setting up a PVP only character, as I have never set one up, and I am kind of confused about getting the player ready for a fight.

I started out ok, I went to the character selection screen and selected an empty slot, and pressed create. I got all the colors and stuff the way I wanted it, and named the character... when I finished, I found that I was taken directly to The Great Temple of Balthazarr. From there I had access to the Guild Hall, by pressing 'G' and selecting the enter guild hall button. I thought .. great, now I can get into guild scrimmages with this ranger.. and that's when I started running into trouble.

First Problem :

I dont have a secondary profession. I wanted this guy to be a Ranger Monk.. I'm stuck with a ranger and no idea how to add the secondary profession.

Second Problem :

I dont have any of the Skills for the ranger class...I thought that was basically why you would make a pvp character.. to jump right into the action.. how do you do that without the skills of a level 20 player? The hit points help.. but if all I can do is troll ungent .. Im not much use to a team... The Priest of Bathazaar says that once I unlock those skills they will be available to any PVP character I make.. I made the PVP character.. why are they not available? Where do I get them? Where do I set up my armor and weapons?

We have been telling the new players that they can just make a PVP character to do scrimmages with us.. and now I know why none of them have really went down that path.. I didn't undrstand when one of them said.. "I got confused with all of the weapons and stuff" .. now I understand exactly what that person meant.

We need clear precise information on how to get from the character creation screen.. all the way into your first scrimmage, maybe even beyond...

Any help will be appreciated,
I'll start doing research on Guild Wiki now.

James
Aeternalia Tenite
a noob in PVP clothing
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

PVP in 5 easy steps.. Empty Re: PVP in 5 easy steps..

Post by Rade Thu 13 Mar - 21:35

It would be best if one were to start a PVP character for the first time that they create one of the same profession that they are currently PVEing with. The reasoning being that the PVE character you are playing with will have the most skills, armour mods and weapon mods unlocked for you to access for your PVP character. Then you can run your shiny new PVP character through the PVP training grounds and subsequent quests provided for you at the Great Temple of Balthazar. This will allow you to gain Balthazar Faction which can be used to unlock even more skills and mods for your PVP characters to use. Basicly what you do in the PVE portion of the game (ie. unlocking skills, identifying weapon mods, identifying runes, and gaining Balthazar Faction in Ascalon Arena and Shiverpeak Arena, etc) will benefit the PVP resources available to you. It's all a little convoluting at first but it becomes clearer once you see the process in action. Just give me a holler in game James and we can wander around the training grounds and get you started on the Zaishen Challenges and what not. Of course any and all are welcome to join.
Rade
Rade
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Thu 13 Mar - 21:52

ok, answer to the problems..
PVP equipment... haven't tried this but it seems easy enough.

PvP characters can freely create new equipment, including upgrades, using the PvP Equipment window. The window is accessed by the "J" key by default or by clicking on the "PvP Equipment" button in the inventory window.

The tabs in the PvP Equipment window organize all the types of equipment that can be created:

Two-handed: staves, bows, hammers, daggers, and scythes
One-handed: axes, swords, wands, and spears
Off-hand: focuses and shields
Head, chest, hands, legs, and feet: armor for the corresponding location
All equipment created has the maximum stats possible (such as damage ranges, armor, or energy bonuses) and, where applicable, a requirement of 9 in an appropriate attribute. Weapons and offhands that you meet the requirement for are shown at the top of list.

To create a piece of equipment, select the appropriate tab and find the desired equipment in the list in the upper left. Next, select any desired upgrades from the other lists and the desired color from among the squares in the bottom left. Only upgrades that have been unlocked will be available.

If "equip immediately" in the bottom left is checked, the equipment will be equipped after clicking the "create" button and any equipment previously equipped to the same place will be lost. If "equip immediately" is not checked, then the equipment will be placed into a free inventory slot when "create" is clicked.

Equipment sets can be saved to Equipment Templates.

Retrieved from "http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/PvP_Equipment"

In PvP, runes can be unlocked by trading in Balthazar Faction at a Priest of Balthazar. The Minor level of a rune costs 1,000 faction, Major 1,500, and Superior 2,000, and you must unlock them in sequence from least to most powerful: Minor->Major->Superior. Note that this only unlocks the rune; you will not receive an actual rune in your inventory. You can then use the PvP Equipment interface to craft PvP armor using your unlocked runes.

After you've named your character and arrived on The Battle Isles, press K to open up the Skills/Attributes window and choose your Secondary Profession from the list at the top.

I hope that clarifies it for anyone else traveling down this path in the near future..

James

Aeternalia Tenite
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Thu 13 Mar - 22:06

Thanks Rade,
I have already unlocked the Team Arena with my PVE character.. so the Zaishen Challenges are done..

I found out to day that you can gain up to 2000 Balthazaar faction points from the Zaishen challenge by redoing it.. once per day.. so 14,000 per week if you did it everyday..

that would allow you to unlock some cool stuff.. you can gain more than the 2000 cap .. there are some articles about that on the wiki.. I haven't read them yet. You can also gain more than the 2000 by utilizing the Team Arena, Random Arena, and other PVP activities.

I'm slowly getting a handle on this.. thanks again for the help!

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Fri 14 Mar - 16:37

Great clarification. I forgot about the TA/PvP Balthazar faction points and the ability to open up runes and weaps. I have tons of faction points, and I believe have used points in the past for the use of newly created PvP characters.

If I am correct, these runes are NOT available for PvE...are they?

Also, Rade, I would love to go with you for a tour of the Zaishen Challenge areas, since I have a year and half of catching up to do.

Lady
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Fri 14 Mar - 21:12

The Rune and weapons which you unlocked and skills can be used on your PvP char
You can use everything which you have unlocked with your PvE or PvP char

But if you want to use the skills with you unlocked using Faction points
you have to either buy them or cap them or use tome in order to use the skill for your PvE char
this goes the same with weapon and Runes

Jay
Wizard
Wizard
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down