The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST

+12
Paravell
funky
Game Nurse
Jebus
Hadouken
Alaistaria Marie
HeavyMetalHead
Rehwyn
homework19
Godzuki
Scion
Pampered One
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

VOTE for new Guild Hall

Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Vote_lcap7%Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Vote_lcap29%Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Vote_lcap0%Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Vote_lcap57%Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 8 ]
Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Vote_lcap7%Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Empty Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST

Post by Pampered One Fri 21 Nov - 21:14

It has been a long time in coming and I have put off every suggestion for it because I wanted us to finish purchasing ALL NPC's for the Guild Hall via player Guild Hunt Donations. Well, as of about 10 days ago, we purchased our last 3.

So let's get rid of our dreary hall and get something different. But first, a few things to consider and keep in mind.

1. It should be appealing to the eye.

2. It should have space for Dodgeball.

3. It should have a wide variety of hiding spaces for hide and seek games.

4. It should have varying shapes and form for scrimmages.

5. It should have unique features suitable to pvp play....such as high ground, choke points, traps, tar pits etc.

It will probably be impossible to find a Hall that suits all of those needs perfectly, but try to keep as much of that in mind when making your suggestions.

HERE IS WHAT I WANT EACH OF YOU TO DO:

Pick at least 1, and up to 3, halls you really like and post them in this thread by their correct name.

Encourage Guildees that don't frequent the Forums to participate.

Feel free to politic (outside of this thread) for your choices. Lets have a little fun with the process.

I will give until NEXT Friday Night for posts to be made. Then I will take the top contenders and place them into a poll. Depending on how close the numbers are, will determine how many I put into the poll.

Pampered

Last edited by Pampered One on Mon 1 Dec - 16:26; edited 3 times in total
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Empty Re: Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST

Post by Pampered One Fri 21 Nov - 22:19

My Choices:

1: Isle of the Dead: High ground, tight defensibles, Tar pit for an interesting change
DRAWBACK: Open area for dodgeball is Tar pit/slowdown

2: Uncharted Isle: Lots of Terrain, Big open space.
DRAWBACK: Limited PvP tactics

3:Isle of Wurms: Wide open spaces, good looking, Flag stand AND Health Shrine
DRAWBACK: Difficult for spiking teams

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST Empty Re: Time For A New Guild Hall: OFFICIAL VOTE POST

Post by Scion Fri 21 Nov - 22:37

My picks:

Frozen - I like the big lake of cold. I dig the snow. Maybe it is just the approaching holidays?

Dead - Cool tapestry and artsy and gargoyles and stuff.

Uncharted - Me likey, as well.

I actually just read a book describing how people's brains can figure something out before it can fully put into context what is going on. I just jumped from Isle to Isle and let my first instinct guide me. Trying to put into words why I like these Isles is pretty hard. But these are my top choices, nevertheless.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Fri 21 Nov - 23:21

1. Isle of Meditation
-There's a good amount of space for dodgeball around the flagstand areas. There's also a few spots for height advantages and choke points. Different terrain heights, lots of places to hide behind, some gate mechanisms for PvP, and it has a really calm look to it. Lacking environment affects, though.

2. Frozen Isle
-Lots of open room and different spots for dodgeball, just not on the ice because that would be a bit unfair. The ice adds some challenge PvP-wise, especially for flag runners and whatnot. There's a bit of varying terrain, but barely anything for hide-and-seek.

3. Wizard's Isle
-Hunter's Isle, Wizard's Isle, and Warrior's Isle have my same vote when it comes to most things. They have the exact same layout, just based off of different things. Lots of nice terrain for PvP and hide-and-seek. One thing it's lacking, though, are environmental effects like tar pits and such. Wizard's Isle has my vote over the other ones similar to it because of its old-school pre-searing look.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by homework19 Sat 22 Nov - 1:02

1. Frozen Isle - looks cool. Big and open

2. Warrior's - um, i am just doing these by looks....

3. Wizard's Isle.
homework19
homework19
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 49
Other games played : COD5, Making History, Red Orchestra, IL2, NHL 09, NCAA Football 09
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Sat 22 Nov - 2:37

Uncharted Isle has my vote. Looks good, good merc locations, open space for dodgeball, can do a split (and most likely will) in any scrimmage. Nice colors.
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 109
Other games played : Too Many (Check 1up Page)
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5618825

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Sat 22 Nov - 6:46

Here's two that I can think of that I like. First is the Isle of Solitude since it has that ancient African/Egyptian feel and is kinda that Egyptian regal feel. Second is the Isle of Meditation, which has a good hide-and-seek feel to it with the winding paths.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaistaria Marie Sat 22 Nov - 7:25

I'm only gonna vote for one, since I can't remember the others and my GW is acting up..

Isle of Meditation. Very Happy That's it.
Alaistaria Marie
Alaistaria Marie
Squire

Female
Number of posts : 89
Other games played : WoW, Runes of Magic
Registration date : 2008-08-10

http://www.myspace.com/serina_baby19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadouken Sat 22 Nov - 9:28

I say Isle of Meditation. Looks great and has a good amount of open space for dodgeball.
Hadouken
Hadouken
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Sat 22 Nov - 16:37

Meditation

Uncharted

Wizards Ilse
Jebus
Jebus
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sat 22 Nov - 17:24

Another vote for Meditation!

Frozen is nice, has that tough, northern feel to it.

And Uncharted is good too.

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by funky Sun 23 Nov - 14:58

I like to vote but I have no idea what the others look like "confused"
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Sun 23 Nov - 17:38

funky wrote:I like to vote but I have no idea what the others look like "confused"

In the Guild Hall go to the Guild ambassador person I think. should be by the cape person in the GH. They will show you all the GH. I think you have to ask what isles can you show me or something like that.

My votes Uncharted or Meditation both are good and both have good merc locations.

The only problem we found with meditation was for dodge ball you dont have enough health to survive the miasma to open the top flag stand area. But we can always have one person dedicated to open it with no armor on so they should have enough to open it. Maybe they have 1 healing spell to open it, but once you are in the cage it would be the perfect area to play dodge ball in.
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Tue 25 Nov - 15:42

Bumped
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Wed 26 Nov - 1:35

Here are my 3:

Uncharted Isle: Large and lots of places to hide and seek, as well as has a nice peacefulness to it.

Frozen Isle: Large area to play....challenging when you get on the ice

Isle of the undead: This hall has interesting bridges and areas that one can attack from as well as areas to do dodge ball.
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Thu 27 Nov - 5:39

Meditation
Frozen
Undead

in that order.
James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Sun 30 Nov - 18:51

The poll is up. I actually took my second choice because I think it suits the needs better then the one I love the best.

For those of you that like Meditation....Take a look at the NPC's placement in relation to the area for Dodgeball...I fear they are too close.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Sun 30 Nov - 23:19

After looking at a GvG match on the Isle of Meditation, I've realized that those three NPC's near the dodgeball area will not really be a problem. Once the gates are closed, they can't really do anything. Also, since there's an imaginary line for dodgeball that you can't cross, the blue team will never aggro the red team's NPC's and vice versa. However, we have to make sure that the obelisk stand is never taken control of. The fireballs that it spews will mess up the dodgeball game. This can be easily avoided, though.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Mon 1 Dec - 2:03

I have played dodge ball in isle of meditation locked in the cage. It works well.
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Mon 1 Dec - 12:34

Holy crap I broke the poll.
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Mon 1 Dec - 13:04

Scion really did break it. It won't let me vote. LOL
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaistaria Marie Mon 1 Dec - 13:06

Ack! I can't vote! Sad Aww..Scion..what the heck did you do?? lol
Alaistaria Marie
Alaistaria Marie
Squire

Female
Number of posts : 89
Other games played : WoW, Runes of Magic
Registration date : 2008-08-10

http://www.myspace.com/serina_baby19

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Mon 1 Dec - 13:31

So I say to myself, I wonder how many votes that stupid Meditation place has by now, so I click view results. Ah, blast, I say to myself. Well, might as well vote for Uncharted, so maybe it can make a rally. Well, heck, I say to myself, I can't vote now. Maybe if I reload the page? Nope. Well, I'll just close this poll and then it should open the next time I load the page. Aw heck, I say to myself, I broke the poll.

By the way, I spent 11 hours in a car yesterday in what should be a 6 hour trip. Maybe the first thing I did upon waking shouldn't have been something as complex as the internets.

I feel the fool.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Mon 1 Dec - 14:51

I want uncharted...but I cant select!
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Mon 1 Dec - 14:55

Scion accidentally closed the poll when he tried to vote. Razz
Glad I got my vote in before he did.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next