The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LIST!!

4 posters

Go down

THE LIST!! Empty THE LIST!!

Post by Ternnel Stronghold Fri 22 Aug - 6:26

Warning- Possible PG-13 material in THE LIST.

For your information THE LIST is a absolutely hilariously true list of old console game cliches.
If you have ever played an old zelda, final fantasy, etc, you will get the humor.

THE LIST

Have fun reading.
-Ternnel Stronghold
Ternnel Stronghold
Ternnel Stronghold
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

THE LIST!! Empty Re: THE LIST!!

Post by Lady Herodias Sun 24 Aug - 3:30

Okay Ternnel. I obviously must not be a gaming geek, since most of this went over my head Very Happy . But I'm sure someone...like Gunter must understand. He teases me that I have no sense of humor...I wonder if hes right?!?

Lady H
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

THE LIST!! Empty Maybe you will find these humorous

Post by Ternnel Stronghold Sun 24 Aug - 17:11

Well not all of them you have to have played a game like final fantasy to get the humor.
here are some of them-

Second Law of Fashion
Any character's costume, no matter how skimpy, complicated, or simply outlandish, is always completely suitable to wear when climbing around in caves, hiking across the desert, and slogging through the sewers. It will continue to be completely suitable right afterwards when said character goes to meet the King. (applies to guild wars)

But They Don't Take American Express
Every merchant in the world -- even those living in far-off villages or hidden floating cities cut off from the outside world for centuries, even those who speak different languages or are of an entirely different species -- accepts the same currency. (Ascolon City , Lions Arch and Canthan for example.)

Indestructible Weapon Rule
No matter how many times you use that sword to strike armored targets or fire that gun on full auto mode it will never break, jam or need any form of maintenance unless it is critical to the story that the weapon breaks, jams or needs maintenance.(applies to guild wars)

"No! My beloved peasant village!"
The hero's home town, city, slum, or planet will usually be annihilated in a spectacular fashion before the end of the game, and often before the end of the opening scene.(Ahem.. Ascolon City)
Ternnel Stronghold
Ternnel Stronghold
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Mon 25 Aug - 5:32

Lol...thank Term for clarifying it.

I like to think this is Lady...considering shes been wearing the same hobo clothing the last 3 years..not a tear in her clothing.

Second Law of Fashion
Any character's costume, no matter how skimpy, complicated, or simply outlandish, is always completely suitable to wear when climbing around in caves, hiking across the desert, and slogging through the sewers. It will continue to be completely suitable right afterwards when said character goes to meet the King. (applies to guild wars)

Lady H
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neverending Vision Mon 25 Aug - 6:10

Its pretty sad that i got most of those jokes and its worse i laughed at some of them!
I must be a geek!!!!!
Neverending Vision
Neverending Vision
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Mon 25 Aug - 17:23

Oh my gosh, I laughed my head off!

thanks for those!

Some of my favs:

I Don't Like Gears Or Fighting
There are always giant robots. Always.
---- well the golems qualify don't they? I THOUGHT they were robots until Gunter told me otherwise...

Law of NPC Relativity (Magus Rule)
Characters can accomplish superhuman physical feats, defeat enemies with one hand tied behind their back and use incredible abilities -- until they join your party and you can control them. Then these wonderful powers all vanish, along with most of their hit points.
-----Hmmm so THAT is why my heroes suck. See, it is not MY fault!!!

Key Item Rule
Never discard, sell, or otherwise remove permamently from your possession any items you begin the game with or acquire within the first town. This is especially true for items that seem to have no practical use,
---------And THIS would be why my inventory is sadly overflowing...

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content