The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge Night? Do we want it?

+2
Aeternalia
Pampered One
6 posters

Go down

Challenge Night?  Do we want it? Empty Challenge Night? Do we want it?

Post by Pampered One Mon 5 May - 20:05

This is a discusssion made public to the general guild members for feedback and open discussion" What's your thought about doing "Challenge Night" mid week? Like Monday, Tuesday or Thursday. That would be a night where those people who have higher characters can team up and do UW, FOW, Dungeons, or other areas that I surely do not know about? Places where drops are nice!"

Lady H

Lady Pampered's response:

Ok I am going to try to institute a few more nights of things to do. This week is really bad for Lady and I since she is travelling here and I have to have the house ready for her and the dog trainer and the dogs that are coming.

Here are my ideas and please help me hash them out in here and then we can institute them for next week.

1. Under 20 club. I still really like this idea but need help getting it rolling. Basically I would like to see everyone pull out thier characters under 20 and find others in the guild with under 20's and just go where ever. it's a chance for us to use our seldom played classes and for the regular newbies to have their character get more xp. I like wednesday for this but will wait from your inputs.

2. Challenge night. Good idea Lady but we need to not make this for the high ended players only. I know that certain builds are more successful but do we really want to exclude the player that only has one maxed character just because it does not fit the mold? We have some people that are very experienced with these areas. If we make this open to any level 20 and put the onus on an "expert" to lead us and guide us, we should at least have moderate success in UW or FoW or whatever. Remember Lady, we had success and FUN in these areas long before people were making builds for them, so it is possible. heck, I'll foot the 1000 gold fee over and over if failure is a large fear. Then I will be the only one out in the deal. Lets find some of our better players and put the challenge to them to make this successful. I fondly remember us laughing hysterically in vent after getting wiped by the first group we faced. failure can be just as fun as success if the right mind set is present.

3.Frivolous Night. Ok we did the hide and seek before and now have access to 5 halls. Lets try to do this again with our group. Also I had an idea for Tag involving everyone hiding in any town in any district in say the first half of prophecies....maybe LA on down. one person jumps into any town/district trying to find a hider.....the hider can run but not leave town/district....once the trade screen is opened that person is it and the finder takes off to hide and the tagged person goes hunting. All persons participating will get something from the guild bank and those that are such exceptional hiders that are never found get maybe a double or triple reward at the end of the night.

4. Scrimmage/AB night: I noticed a problem on saturdays. Our time frame seems to be in between activity times. Lets open this up to 2 time frames. How about once around 2pm EST and again around 9pm EST. Groups choice whether they want to scrimmage or AB...or both.

5.Hunt with a Newbie Day. Maybe Sundays we encourage everyone that is experienced to seek out our new players and take the time to play a mission or quest with them. We just really need to make sure we don't just drag them thru, but actually take the time to let them explore and to teach whats in the area they are in. Most of our new players I have been playing with really seem to want to take their time and explore and also they feel that we will be too bored to go with them. Once I got Marie to understand that I liked playing ascalon missions and liked presear because it is a break from the grind and is less pressure, she, and others, are beginning to realize it has value for experienced players too.

6. Find a Friend Night
. ok we have all been spending time playing with certain players and thats good but we do not want to become the one thing we all did not like about TSK...cliquish. So on this day maybe expand your regular playing circle to include just one more person...and chat and talk and play and get to know them.

Lady has been bugging me to have an all guild meeting and maybe, after we hash out some of these ideas, we should do so to express our expectations for these nights. We will probably have to do the meeting at least twice to include most everyone. Our players that we have fostered from newbs to moderatly experienced need to understand that the torch is passing. It is time for them to give back too. Thats why they joined and we made this guild. Let's see some ideas and help me get us more active to include everyone.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Challenge Night?  Do we want it? Empty Re: Challenge Night? Do we want it?

Post by Aeternalia Wed 7 May - 12:36

This looks good.

What do you need from us?

I spent last night trying to figure out how to get this game to run on my brothers computer. It was the least I could do after he dropped his cash on the game to play it at my request.

Hes playing now.. and has a level 2 Necro.

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Wed 7 May - 14:08

Well I guess I wanted to know if you guys saw any changes or improvements to my ideas....suggested days of the week and times.....and any ideas of your own.

Saw him but could'nt get him to chat. Lol newbie!!! J/k

Tell him I gave a personal hello and welcome.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rade Wed 7 May - 17:18

I think frivolous night would be the only one suited to being a once a week thing, whereas all the other ideas could be a part of a daily routine depending on who is available to participate. A guild meeting sounds like a good opportunity to make members more aware of the resources that are available to them in terms of equipment and help in whatever they want to achieve in the game.

Rade
Rade
Rade
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Wed 7 May - 19:13

Ok I see your points about not making them at set times on a weekly basis. Do we want to do everything on a spur of the moment basis for now or have like a day or 2 notice or what? I guess what I am aiming for is people starting to anticipate events and having things they enjoy doing that they never thought of doing.

I think our weakest item is there are still a majority that do not check the forums on a regular basis and almost no one ever reads the status message. Ideas on how we can get more attention to events? Those that are new to the game have no clue about events at all so it seems the only ones that look for them are the ones that have been around the block.

Keep the input flowing.

BTW...I really like the idea of new members going on a hunt with an/some officers. Especially if they are new to the game. It sets a tone for them to be comfortable with help.

And remember Naomi? Well guess what. Her husband whispered me last night and said she had mentioned our nice attitudes and he asked me to help him with the Devani Titan Mission. Seems he had failed with every pug group. We aced it on the first try, just Sad witchy, him and 4 heros. He was impressed. We may get them after all. Kudo's to all of our wonderful attitude. Goes back to our code of setting examples. you guys made a lasting impression.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Fri 9 May - 5:51

Like your ideas Pampered, that I would like to put this out on the public forum. My reaction to challenge night is not to cater to the elite player, but for those that would like to try the areas that so many other guilds talk about, but have not tackled because people there are groups of new players. As far as builds, I think I would rather leave that to the group on whether they would like to try a build; nonetheless, remembering that by doing so, they are isolating others from playing. I would discourage it. Remember, many of the newer players are reaching the plateau of being experienced, and would like to be challenged. One thing I noticed while recruiting were posts where people indicated the desire to play in those areas. Also, we can consider playing in hard mode for those area.

Rade... i think you said only frivolous night should be once a week? Did you mean the opposite? Yes, i think we can incorporate most everything else on a daily basis, but by setting up a "schedule", or even indicating the "first" or "last" day of the month...or every 2 weeks might imprint to the guild, what we might be doing for the evening. My other thought is to get a couple people...not just us....to be the "event" coordinators. It surely would help in getting people involved in the guild's emphasis of "having fun".

As you know, I still have not had an opportunity to do dodgeball with the alliance or even ourselves, or role playing weekend. Just need some help in getting the planning done, and it would be helpful to get others involved in the planning. Very frustrating when I do not have consistent internet.

Well, let me know if I can make a portion of this email public? It would be nice to get some feedback.
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Sun 11 May - 23:46

Sorry Aeternalia,

I neglected to select your response when splitting this topic. You are welcome to expand on your explanation.

Lady
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Tue 13 May - 3:04

I've never done UW or FoW or any type of 'you will die here' type place, simply because I was never in a guild that would show the new guy what is up. My first Guild and Alliance Battles have been with TCK, so I am in full support of more let's go do a cave/underworld/battle/random other PvE/PvP event nights.

I think you join a guild for two main reasons: (1)Play with a set group of people at things (2)you can't really do alone. Learning how to play and such comes along with doing 1 and 2. If you just get out and ask for help or if there are set days of getting things done, you'll join in and learn quick the differance between Prot and Heal monking (as you try to keep a thumping Pampered alive) Or why you need Sprint on your warrior (as you fight mobs off of Jay).

That being said, nothing will get done until either a guild meeting happens or everyone becomes a forum checker (and these forums get cleaned up a bit, I still get lost in here).
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Wed 14 May - 1:55

Count me in...AB and scrimmage are not my cup of tea, but I will make an effort to participate. I am adding Nightfall this week so I will have more versitility...but lets face it I am still a noob at this. And I hate to type. So I am not anti-social...just anti-typing lol

I will be happy to help with any mission, presear or Ascalon what ever.

And I am making an effoert to visit here more often (forum).

Di Daanq

Danny Smile
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Sun 18 May - 16:08

lol....okay Di, thanks for your input and as I teased you the other night you are now EXPERIENCED for those that are at the lower level Very Happy , so you are a good resource.

I have gotten mixed thoughts from the officers, so I still think its a good idea to have challenge night. So
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down